George

Default pls advise

pls advise how to solve the following,

city names are 3 letter coded

sheet1
A B
1 CPH Copengagen
2 FRA Frankfurt
3 BCN Barcelona
4 DUB Dublin

I have extracted from database many 3letter coded city names
but i need also full name next to it. what would be the formula?

sheet2
A B
1 CPH ?formula?
2 CPH
3 DUB
4 FRA
5 FRA
6 BCN
7 CPH

thank you very much in advance!
RagDyer

Would be nice if your subject line was a little bit more informative.
It does help other people when they're searching for help.

Anyway, try this:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20)),"Not
Found",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$20,2,0))

And drag down to copy as needed.
--

HTH,

RD