Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default marking cells that do not have a formula?

I have a worksheet that the formula's are overriden
freeequently (thats the way its supposed to be). Is there
a way to mark the cells that now contain numbers and no
formula? I have a macro that colors cells that contain
formulas. I need the opposite too. Can I modify it?

Sub markformula()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Interior.Co lorIndex
= 35
End Sub

TIA

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Todd

Sub test1()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlTextValues).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End Sub

Sub test2()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).Interior.ColorIndex = 5
End Sub

Try this

The first color the text and the second the numbers

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Todd" wrote in message ...

I have a worksheet that the formula's are overriden
freeequently (thats the way its supposed to be). Is there
a way to mark the cells that now contain numbers and no
formula? I have a macro that colors cells that contain
formulas. I need the opposite too. Can I modify it?

Sub markformula()
Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Interior.Co lorIndex
= 35
End Sub

TIA

Todd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Todd

Sub SELECTTEXT()
With Selection
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 2).Select
End With
End Sub

Sub SELECTNUMS()
With Selection
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 1).Select
End With
End Sub

Sub SELECT_FORMULAS()
If Not Selection.HasFormula Then
MsgBox "Cells do not contain formulas"
End
End If
With Selection
Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23).Select
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002