Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show' Read Only' On A Form

Hi,
I have a spreadsheet at work that loads a form at start up. The form
covers the whole of the screen, so therefore cannot see the spreadsheet.
Is there away to show via a label on the form, if the file as been opened in
read or read only? as the user sometime updates the spreadsheet via the form
but forgets they are in read only.

Please help

Dave

--
Please remove "no.thanks."
and add "blue" in front of yonder to email me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
If ThisWorkbook.ReadOnly Then
Userform1.Label1.Caption = "Workbook is Read Only"
Else
Userform1.Label1.Caption = "Workbook is editable"

Tom Ogilvy