Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar

You could probably put up a userform or put a message on the visible
worksheet. If you use a userform, you run into problems with the modality
of the userform - you would have to design your code so to insure it
continued to run while the userform was visible. In Excel 2000 and later
you can have a nonmodal userform. This wasn't directly supported in Excel
97.

Easier might be make a specific worksheet visible with a message on it and
update that.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Neil" wrote in message
Hi all, I have put together a small app that extracts
soem data from an Oracle database, it takes a while so I
also added in some code to tell people each stage as it
happens on the status bar, but I think the status bar is
a little bit obscure, is there an easy way to put up a
box in the middle of the screen saying what its doing, i
thought about msgbox but that as a minimum requires an OK
button, I dont want the user to have to click the ok
button at eacg stage, rather just a little popup that
shows some text relating to what stage its at....

Any help much appreciated