Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default books for learning vba- excel

hi ,
i am primarily a user of excel.. Though i know VB and also comfortable with
it to a reasonable extent[ the basic level], i am not that much aware of
VBA ..
I have primarily 2 qs:
1] Can with a basic knowledge of VB one can learn VBA for using the same in
excel. Or is it necessary to 1st have a hardcore knowledge of VB and then
enter VBA
2] Any really good books for VBA... I mean books independently for VBA [and
not the ones general books on VB with a small chapter devoted to
VBA.]....Though i dont expect spoonfeeding in any books, yet i would know
whether any good book on VBA is there, where the author goes in a smooth
step-by-step way and directly doesnt jumps to advanced things thereby making
the reader run away.
Please address.

i wish you a pleasant day.
ganesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ganesh,

A basic knowledge will get you started, and it will increase the more you
use VBA and Excel. So you should be okay.

See Debra's site for boo list http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"K.N.GANESH" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can get the following by asking on 'alt.binaries.e-book.technical' which
is very good:-

Excel_Programming;_Your_Visual_Blueprint_for_Inter active_Spreadsheets~(2002)

"K.N.GANESH" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gamesh,

Whtther you need to become a hard core VB programmer
before you tackle VBA depends entirely on your needs.
Apart from the Excel object model and its many
peculiarities, VBA and VB programming is pretty much the
same thing.

My reference for VBA is Visula Basic Languge Developer's
Handbook, by Ken Getz and Mike Gilbert. Despite its title,
it covers both VB and VBA.

My biggest stumbling block in Excel programming was
getting my head around the idea that EVERYTHING is a
Range. Once you get that, you are pretty much home free.

David Gray
P6 Consulting
http://www.p6c.com

You are more important than any technology we may employ.