Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default use standard icon in image control

how to utilize hundreds of standard Excel icons as the Picture property in
an Image control

Image.Picture =

i'm talking about the Icons which are utilized as the graphic in
CommandBarButtons when setting

CommandBarButton.FaceID =

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

There's a demo on my site that loads all the FaceIDs into an imagelist
control and uses this to populate an image control. You should be able to
work out easily enough from the code how to just go straight to to an image.
Have a look he

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...sImageList.htm

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
how to utilize hundreds of standard Excel icons as the Picture property in
an Image control

Image.Picture =

i'm talking about the Icons which are utilized as the graphic in
CommandBarButtons when setting

CommandBarButton.FaceID =

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

In 2002, the commandbarbutton has a picture property. In 2000 it doesn't.

There is a workaround that we found when we ran into the version problem
with another NG user called Bart Smissaert. It involves accessing the
commandbarbutton as a picture off the clipboard. To do that, there is a
superb routine on Stephen Bullen's site called PastePicture, but it is
complex, and it is not mine, so I have not reproduced it on my site.

If you download Stephen's code and paste it into your project, you should be
able to get access to the faces picture doing something like this:

'this puts it on the clipboard
CommandBarButton.Copyface
'this gets it back from the clipboard into the image list
Set iImageName = ImageList1.ListImages.Add(,,PastePicture(xlBitmap) )

I believe Bart has a final working version, and I'll see if I can get a copy
for you.

Yours and good luck,

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
Hi Robin. Thanks for the response. Why does the demo only work in Excel
2002? I don't even have Excel 2002.

"Robin Hammond" wrote in message
John,

There's a demo on my site that loads all the FaceIDs into an imagelist
control and uses this to populate an image control. You should be able

work out easily enough from the code how to just go straight to to an

image.
Have a look he

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...sImageList.htm

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
how to utilize hundreds of standard Excel icons as the Picture

property
in
an Image control

Image.Picture =

i'm talking about the Icons which are utilized as the graphic in
CommandBarButtons when setting

CommandBarButton.FaceID =

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The solution is now up on my site with permission.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com
Check out our XspandXL add-in

"Robin Hammond" wrote in message
I just fiddled my code and have a working version for 2000 which I have
emailed you. I'll check with Stephen and see if he minds if I put the
solution up on my site.

Yours,

Robin Hammond