Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Scroll Area for Data

Why don't you set locked to false for the range of cells with date entry

1: select the cells
2: Ctrl-1
3: unselect Locked on the protection Tab
4: protect your worksheet (ToolsProtection in the menubar)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"turbopsy1" wrote in message news:aHbUa.3422$Ye.1757@fed1read02...
I want to protect all cells on a worksheet except those for data entry by
users. I have tried setting the "Scroll Area" on the sheets when they are
activated but it appears to be inconsistent, sometimes it works and
sometimes it does not. I am using 2002 version of Excel. Is there another
way to make users only have access to a group of cells without changing
others. Thanks in advance.

John