Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default check if sheet exists

how would you go about checking to see if a sheet exists
of not?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One way
(al code in a normal module)

Function SheetExists(SName As String, _
Optional ByVal WB As Workbook) As Boolean
'Chip Pearson
On Error Resume Next
If WB Is Nothing Then Set WB = ThisWorkbook
SheetExists = CBool(Len(WB.Sheets(SName).Name))
End Function

Use it like this for example

Sub Sheet_Test()
Dim SName As String
If SheetExists("test") = False Then
ActiveSheet.Name = "test"
Else
MsgBox "sorry the sheet exist"

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Ross" wrote in message ...
how would you go about checking to see if a sheet exists
of not?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I was
wondering if you could provide me qith an example of
passing a workbook through the function as well. Thanks
again.