Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Solver error with Excel 2000?

Rob. I can't simulate that problem with Excel XP. If you find yourself
having to do it "manually," see if the following idea will correct it. I
believe Solver does internally keep track of a flag called "AutoOpened"

' Your Solver Routine...
If SOLVER.AutoOpened = False Then
SOLVER.Auto_open
End If
' Continue...

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
Hi Dave,

I've fixed a similar problem with Solver in the past by manually

running
its Auto_Open procedure in my VBA code before I do anything else with it.
Not sure if this is the same bug or not, but you might give that a try.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Dave Collins" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the fix is for knowledge base
article 821430? It is the the Solver fix for using Office
2000 SP3 and the Solver addin.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm experiencing the same problem as the original poster.
I tried what you suggested, but to no avail.

Anybody have any idea where the patch? MS says one is out
there, but you have to contact them if you want it now. I
couldn't locate anything in the download center.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:10:06 -0700, "Christian Restifo"
wrote in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I'm experiencing the same problem as the original poster.
I tried what you suggested, but to no avail.

Anybody have any idea where the patch? MS says one is out
there, but you have to contact them if you want it now. I
couldn't locate anything in the download center.

I have the problem as described in
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;821430:

When you use Excel 2000 and you use the Solver add-in, you may
experience the following symptoms:
When you run a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macro
that starts the Solver add-in and that sets the problem parameters, no
calculations occur or problem solving occurs.

All computers are running Office V-9.0.6926 SP3, but this happens only
on two machines.

How does one obtain the patch advertised in that KB article?

--
Michael Bednarek, IT Manager, Tactical Global Management
Waterfront Pl, Brisbane 4000, Australia. "POST NO BILLS"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:10:06 -0700, "Christian Restifo"
wrote in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I'm experiencing the same problem as the original poster.
I tried what you suggested, but to no avail.

Anybody have any idea where the patch? MS says one is out
there, but you have to contact them if you want it now. I
couldn't locate anything in the download center.

I obtained the patch (Q821430) from MS PSS, and it solved the problem.

Where to find MS's contact details? That seems to vary widely from
country to country. Generally, from
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx select your
country, and there should be some link to the local telephone support.

Good luck.