Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dana DeLouis[_5_] Dana DeLouis[_5_] is offline

Default Solver error with Excel 2000?

Rob. I can't simulate that problem with Excel XP. If you find yourself
having to do it "manually," see if the following idea will correct it. I
believe Solver does internally keep track of a flag called "AutoOpened"

' Your Solver Routine...
If SOLVER.AutoOpened = False Then
SOLVER.Auto_open
End If
' Continue...

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

"Rob Bovey" wrote in message
Hi Dave,

I've fixed a similar problem with Solver in the past by manually

running
its Auto_Open procedure in my VBA code before I do anything else with it.
Not sure if this is the same bug or not, but you might give that a try.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"Dave Collins" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the fix is for knowledge base
article 821430? It is the the Solver fix for using Office
2000 SP3 and the Solver addin.

Thanks!