Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel Interfaces

I am wanting to programmatically enter data into Excel
using OLE Automation. At present, I can load the cells
with my data using OLE Automation, but now I want to copy
the cell sizes and fonts from my program to Excel and
vice versa.

Is there any help or documation that will show how and
what interfaces should be used for these type things. I
can look at the type libraries and figure out some
things, but this take a long time. Help, please.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am wanting to add a function to Excel ... and keep that function in
compiled code (VB6). I think you are doing just that. If so can you tell
me how, or point me in the right direction?

I want something like this:
Cell Formula =MyValue(Tag,Date)

Where MyValue is a function I have created with the parameters Tag and Date
(to lookup a historical value out of my database.

Thanks In Advance,
David Cravey

"R. L. Alan Jordan" wrote in message
I am wanting to programmatically enter data into Excel
using OLE Automation. At present, I can load the cells
with my data using OLE Automation, but now I want to copy
the cell sizes and fonts from my program to Excel and
vice versa.

Is there any help or documation that will show how and
what interfaces should be used for these type things. I
can look at the type libraries and figure out some
things, but this take a long time. Help, please.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you just wanting to enter the data from your database into the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response.

I have several goals:
1.) To be able to enter a formula into a cell and return a real time result
from my program "=VCEMSRT(Tag)" and hopefully have automatic updates.

2.) To be ablt to enter a formula into a cell and return historic results
(not changing) "=VCEMSAvg(Tag,StartDate,StopDate)".

3.) To have wizards to setup these formulas

4.) To have wizards to just fill in the values

I think what I am needing to do is build a COM Plug In (and maybe some Excel
VBA Code depending on the version.)

If you have any ideas or links to documentation I would greatly appreciate
it.

Thanks,
David Cravey

"Alan Jordan" wrote in message
Are you just wanting to enter the data from your database into the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I might be a little off-track here, but a useful tool I've found for
analyzing the interfaces expected from an object is called ComSight,
available from:

http://www.evocorp.com

If you have working examples that you can access, ComSight will "bind"
to this interface and report its interface query information in
real-time for you.