Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reverting to open workbook in excel

Hello,

In the word object model there is a property of the open method which
allows you to revert to the file if it is already open.

I can't find a similar property in the open method of the excel object
model; does anybody know if this is possible so that excel will revert
to the open workbook if it has already been opened.

Thanks

Daniel.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Windows("filename.xls").Activate

In the word object model there is a property of the open

method which
allows you to revert to the file if it is already open.

I can't find a similar property in the open method of

the excel object
model; does anybody know if this is possible so that

excel will revert
to the open workbook if it has already been opened.

Thanks

Daniel.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Lawler,

That doesn't seem to be working. What i'm doing is creating a small
vbscript every time a user clicks a button which sets up an excel object
and opens a spreadsheet and then the vbscript gets deleted. The next
time the user clicks on the button it is still setting up a new excel
object and making a new excel window but I was wondering if it could
create an excel object and realise not to open up another window but
maximise the existing one.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have to figure out whether the workbook is open already or not and only
call the open method if it isn't already open - there is no such option.

On Error Resume Next
set wkbk = Workbooks("myfile.xls")
On Error goto 0
if wkbk is nothing then
set wkbk = Workbooks.Open( "C:\My Documents\myfile.xls")
Else
wkbk.Activate
End if

Tom Ogilvy