Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default running macro while in the edit mode

I can't get my macros to work after entering the edit mode. It takes my
input literally while in either absolute or relative mode. This was
something that worked for me using Quatro years ago. I've never been able
to figure this out. It used to come in handy.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure what you mean. To step through your code , just press the F8
key while in the IDE.

--
Patrick Molloy
Microsoft Excel MVP
"Bob" wrote in message
I can't get my macros to work after entering the edit mode. It takes my
input literally while in either absolute or relative mode. This was
something that worked for me using Quatro years ago. I've never been able
to figure this out. It used to come in handy.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,
Harlan above has my question pegged.

An example would be to edit a formula using a macro. In some cases (not to
often) it's quicker and easier to turn the macro recorder on, hit F2 and
make a change to a formula. Then run the macro throughout the spreadsheet.
I used to do this all the time in Quatro.

An example would be to change the name of a spreadsheet linked in a formula.
Once in edit mode use shortcut keys like ctrl+arrow left and
ctrl+shift+arrow left (to highlight the text) and type in the correct
spreadsheet name. This was better than rewritting the formula, copying and
pasting because the the references in the other spreadsheet didn't match row
or column wise.

Thanks,
Bob

"John Green" wrote in message
Bob,

Macro code can't run when you have activated the formula bar and are in

edit mode.

If you want to edit the contents of a cell, your code can read the

contents of the cell, edit it and place the results back in the
cell.

Give an example of what you want to do and we can explain how to do it.

--

John Green - Excel MVP
Sydney