Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlight Cell on Focus

I need to create a spreadsheet for someone who is partially sighted. In
Lotus the cell you are in is in reverse video. This is what the person used
to use so I as this is not available in Excel I need some code that when any
cell is active it is in reverse video. i.e. black background and white text
or yellow background and black text would be better for his sight problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nigel Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nigel,

Take a look at Chip's site.
This may work for you:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

John

Nigel Graham wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet for someone who is partially sighted. In
Lotus the cell you are in is in reverse video. This is what the person used
to use so I as this is not available in Excel I need some code that when any
cell is active it is in reverse video. i.e. black background and white text
or yellow background and black text would be better for his sight problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nigel Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks I knew someone would have already done it as it is a common problem
for partially sighted people thanks again.

--
Nigel Graham
Hutton IT

Nigel Graham wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet for someone who is partially sighted. In
Lotus the cell you are in is in reverse video. This is what the person

used
to use so I as this is not available in Excel I need some code that when

any
cell is active it is in reverse video. i.e. black background and white

text
or yellow background and black text would be better for his sight

problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nigel Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Did you look at the accessibility option in the control panel under the
settings entry in the start menu of Windows (not Excel).

Theres a tab for display.

If you can get the operating system to do what you need it shouldbe better.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Nigel Graham wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet for someone who is partially sighted.

In
Lotus the cell you are in is in reverse video. This is what the

person
used
to use so I as this is not available in Excel I need some code that

when
any
cell is active it is in reverse video. i.e. black background and

white
text
or yellow background and black text would be better for his sight

problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nigel Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

And depending on your version of Windows, you might have some other
accessibility tools (like a magnifier) built in.

http://google.com/groups?threadm=0a9...40tkmsftngxa04
(one line in your browser)

Nigel Graham wrote:

I need to create a spreadsheet for someone who is partially sighted. In
Lotus the cell you are in is in reverse video. This is what the person used
to use so I as this is not available in Excel I need some code that when any
cell is active it is in reverse video. i.e. black background and white text
or yellow background and black text would be better for his sight problems.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nigel Graham

--

Dave Peterson