Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Custom Functions used through the wizard

When I write a custom function, how do I get the function wizard to display
comments about my inputs?

ie when you use SUMIF and your cursor is in the Range field it shows:
Range is the range of cells you want evaluated

I would like to be able to add retard proofing comments such as these to my
functions!

Dan E

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've done this a dozen times before, but it is always hard
to remember this.

Go to ToolsMacroMacros and type in the name of your
Function(Functions don't show on the Macros list). Then
hit the "Options" button and type your description in
there.

Now when you select your Function from the UDF category,
it will have your description/text.

Lance

When I write a custom function, how do I get the function

wizard to display
comments about my inputs?

ie when you use SUMIF and your cursor is in the Range

field it shows:
Range is the range of cells you want evaluated

I would like to be able to add retard proofing comments

such as these to my
functions!

Dan E

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From Laurant Long

http://longre.free.fr/english/func_cats.htm

but see his later solution at:

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html#FunCustomize

Tom Ogilvy

"Dan E" wrote in message
Thank you Lance, that's half of what I wanted to do.
Now, if I have a function like

Public Function CellColourCount(ColouredCells As Range) As Integer

How can i make it so that it says
"Coloured cells is the range of cells to be counted"
underneath the description text, kinda like the built in functions do?

Dan E