Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Replacement for INKEY$

I am collecting EEG data from a patient using a VBA macro reading the data from
a A/D device. Normally it takes data for an hour. However, if the duration is
cut short, I want to have the operator hit ESC or the Space Bar and have the
program (macro) detect that a key stroke was hit so I can then save the file,
as is normally done at the end of the session. In the old days (DOS) I used
K$=INKEY$ and then checked K$ for the charcter number of the key. However, that
statement does not work anymore.
Any idea how to do this would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this: Put the code at the bottom in the ThisWorkbook object of your
VBA workbook. Then, in the macro that you've programmed, put in an if
statement that says:

If blnStop < True Then
<do whatever it was doing
Else
Exit Sub
End If

Please let me know if you have problems with this.

Mark

Dim blnStop As Boolean
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
blnStop = False