Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DataCombo seems locked after changing TabStrip

Hi,

we're trying to install a DataCombo-Control (Mircrosoft DataListsControls
6.0(SP3)) on an Excel2000 UserForm. It is placed on a MultiPage-Control. We
have no problems with filling and displaying the DataCombo. On first use
everything is ok. But as soon as you change between the pages of the
MultiPage the DataCombo seems locked i.e. you can't edit the edit-field from
the DataCombo (you can open the pull-down, you seem to be able to select an
entry but the selected item is not displayed in the edit-field). If you move
the mouse over the edit-field the cursor shows an arrow instead of the
insertion-mark ('|').

Our system:
Win2000 SP3, Office2000, MDAC 2.7, SQL-Server2000 SP3

Our code for filling the DataCombo is the following:
Set recFahrzeuge = New ADODB.Recordset
recFahrzeuge.CursorLocation = adUseClient
recFahrzeuge.Open "Select * From tblFahrzeuge", cnn, adOpenKeyset,
adLockOptimistic
Set dummy = Me.Fahrzeug
Set dummy.RowSource = recFahrzeuge
dummy.ListField = "Fahrzeug"

Does anybody know this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greetinx from Germany
Reiner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Reiner,

we're trying to install a DataCombo-Control (Mircrosoft DataListsControls
6.0(SP3)) on an Excel2000 UserForm. It is placed on a MultiPage-Control. We
have no problems with filling and displaying the DataCombo. On first use
everything is ok. But as soon as you change between the pages of the
MultiPage the DataCombo seems locked i.e. you can't edit the edit-field from
the DataCombo (you can open the pull-down, you seem to be able to select an
entry but the selected item is not displayed in the edit-field). If you move
the mouse over the edit-field the cursor shows an arrow instead of the
insertion-mark ('|').

I've had so many problems with the MutiPage control that I no longer use it.
Instead I use a tab-strip and put my controls for each 'page' in a separate
frame, then use code to make the frames visible/invisible depending on the
tab-strip's value.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel
www.BMSLtd.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default DataCombo seems locked after changing TabStrip - solved

Hi Stephen,

I've had so many problems with the MutiPage control that I no longer use

it.
Instead I use a tab-strip and put my controls for each 'page' in a

separate
frame, then use code to make the frames visible/invisible depending on the
tab-strip's value.

Thank you for your advice.
We solved our problem by following your lead so far in that we have a
tabstrip-control and frames now. We had to make a little change to your
suggestion though. It is not enough to just substitute the MultiPage-control
with a TabStrip-Control because the problem is the visible-property of the
DataCombo. If you set it to invisible and show it afterwards again the same
thing happens.
So we used a little trick and put the frames out of visible-range of the
userform and shove them in when the user clicks the corresponding
tabstrip-element on setting the left-property.

Greetinx from Germany
Reiner