Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tod Tod is offline

Default Break Modes

I have a workbook that has the statement:

On Error Resume Next

So I have break mode set to break on unhandled errors.
However, when I am developing I like break mode to be
in 'break on all errors' so it will display the error,
show me the statement where it occured and go into break
mode.

If I forget to change the break mode back before I quit,
the next time that workbook opens it will give an error.
Is there a way to somehow be reminded that I'm in 'break
on all errors' mode so I can set it back? Other ideas?

tod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tod,

Not an answer to your question but an idea for development.

I'm working on "live" workbooks in an office and am constantly
modifying things that I don't want the users to be bothered with
until I'm done.

In almost all of them I set a public flag.
Public ItsMe as Boolean

In the Workbook_Open Event,

If Application.UserName = "John Wilson" Then
ItsMe = True
End If

Then while I'm working on a new feature, I can use
If ItsMe < True then Exit Sub

or.....
If ItsMe = True Then
' my code under test
Else
' original code
End If

When I'm satisfied that everythings working well and I want to
turn on the new feature, I just delete those lines of code.

You could do the same for your break mode statement.

John