Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe

Default switching between modes

Hi,

I have a macro running on "break mode" - I didnt set it that way; it
somehow happened. :(

Now my macro stops midway (when it calls for this sub "statusfill"),
and the VB editor window pops up. I dont want this and want the mode to
be switched back to the normal (or whatever its name is) mode, so that
I can hit ctrl+f and have my complete code run.

Pleeeeeeeeease help!

Thanks,

Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Do you have any UDFs in your workbook? I've seen problems like this with
UDFs. If so, make sure the workbook does not calc when the macros are
running - make calc mode manual and do not use the Calculate method.

--
Jim
"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
| Hi,
|
| I have a macro running on "break mode" - I didnt set it that way; it
| somehow happened. :(
|
| Now my macro stops midway (when it calls for this sub "statusfill"),
| and the VB editor window pops up. I dont want this and want the mode to
| be switched back to the normal (or whatever its name is) mode, so that
| I can hit ctrl+f and have my complete code run.
|
| Pleeeeeeeeease help!
|
| Thanks,
|
| Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe

Thanks, Jim. I'd already fixed it by inserting a break and then
removing the break, but still, out of curiosity, what is a UDF ? Also,
when you asked me to "make calc mode manual", how can I do it - I mean,
how do I change that "mode" ?

Thanks,

Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

A UDF (User Defined Function) is a VB function that is called from by a
worksheet formula. Say you put this function in a VB module:

Function IncrementNumber(Num as Double) As Double
IncrementNumber = Num + 1
End Function

And in a worksheet cell you enter =IncrementNumber(1).

This should return 2.

These things should work just fine but I've seen enough weirds things with
UDFs that I will not use them.

Calc mode - I'm referring the Automatic versus Manual calc. The setting
under Tools, Options, Calculation. If it's set to Manual when a macro runs
and you do not force a calc via the Calculate method then any UDFs, if you
have any, would not be called.

--
Jim
ups.com...