Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PAYMENT CALCULATIONS

Hi Mark!

Please don't shout. Using all upper case is considered shouting and is
more difficult to read especially for those whose first language isn't
the language used.

Try:
=PMT(8%/12,12,10000*((1+(1+8%/12)^(12/365)-1)^45),0,1)
Returns: 872.66

I've assumed an APR compounded monthly with the repayment break being
charged interest at the daily effective equivalent of that rate.

The amount of loan 10000 gets accumulated for 45 days and thereafter
there are 12 payments due with the first being made at the beginning
of the first month.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.
"MARK AKKERMAN" wrote in message
HOW WOULD YOU CALCULATE A PAYMENT WITH THE PAYMENTS
STARTING ON AN ODD DAY, IE: 45 DAYS TO FIRST PAYMENT?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Sir,

Sorry for the yelling, it was only a caps lock I assure
you. Thank you for giving me the answer I have been
looking for. I have only one problem, when I calculate it
on my excel program, it comes out the same as yours to the
penny, but in a negative number.

Thanks again,

[...]

Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax

and Arguments)
available free to good homes.
"MARK AKKERMAN" wrote in

message
HOW WOULD YOU CALCULATE A PAYMENT WITH THE PAYMENTS
STARTING ON AN ODD DAY, IE: 45 DAYS TO FIRST PAYMENT?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PLN PLN is offline

I am certainly no expert so I am not sure if this would
meet your needs, but what if you just put ABS(PMT
(8%/12,12,10000*((1+(1+8%/12)^(12/365)-1)^45),0,1))
The ABS being a formula to return absolute value...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this addendum to Mr. Harker's correct answer, Mark:
Enter the amount as a negative figure and see how it works.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming