Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help creating a userform with optionbuttons

I'm looking for help creating a userform with optionbuttons. I can generally
find my way around simple macros, but I've never tried programming a
userform before, and finding help on the subject seems to be almost as tough
as finding the holy grail. Any help, pointers, links, examples... anything
that would help with the following pseudocode would be appreciated.

If a value is entered into any cell in range("F10:F16") then
Call the userform
Userform would consist of:
Choice 1: Append text in range("B25"), and manipulate data
..
..
..
Choice 8: Append text in range("B25"), and manipulate data
Click OK button to do the above
Click Cancel button to clear userform and do nothing.

Right now, this is new territory for me, but I have to take the next step.
Problem is, I can't find the stairway! As I said, any help will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi TB

This is a combination of small, common tricks, where creating the form is the hardest to
walk you through in a posting. Email me with a valid return address, and I'll make you a
sample workbook.

Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

"TB" <no_spam@this_address wrote in message ...
I'm looking for help creating a userform with optionbuttons. I can generally
find my way around simple macros, but I've never tried programming a
userform before, and finding help on the subject seems to be almost as tough
as finding the holy grail. Any help, pointers, links, examples... anything
that would help with the following pseudocode would be appreciated.

If a value is entered into any cell in range("F10:F16") then
Call the userform
Userform would consist of:
Choice 1: Append text in range("B25"), and manipulate data
.
.
.
Choice 8: Append text in range("B25"), and manipulate data
Click OK button to do the above
Click Cancel button to clear userform and do nothing.

Right now, this is new territory for me, but I have to take the next step.
Problem is, I can't find the stairway! As I said, any help will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

will provide some hand holding.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy