Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default utility to add standard comment

has anyone put together a utility to add a standard comment at the top of
all procedures in a project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John,

MZ-Tools will do this, and much more. See http://www.mztools.com/
for details.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
has anyone put together a utility to add a standard comment at

the top of
all procedures in a project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chip,

I can't believe I've been hanging around in these groups for so long
and never ran across this before.
What a really neat utility!!!

Thanks,
John

Chip Pearson wrote:

John,

MZ-Tools will do this, and much more. See http://www.mztools.com/
for details.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
has anyone put together a utility to add a standard comment at

the top of
all procedures in a project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

I posted MZTools URL yesterday in response to someone who wanted to add line
numbers to a procedure.

Message ID:

You're just not reading ALL the posts.

Gord

Chip Pearson wrote:

John,

MZ-Tools will do this, and much more. See
http://www.mztools.com/
for details.

"John A Grandy" wrote in message
has anyone put together a utility to add a standard comment at

the top of
all procedures in a project?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,

You're just not reading ALL the posts.

Is that physically possible??
(although I'm pretty sure that Tom somehow does)

I posted MZTools URL yesterday in response to someone who wanted to add line
numbers to a procedure.

Saw that thread when I searched in Google.
Only 23 Excel threads come up with MZTools, so I don't feel so bad about having
missed it.

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chip,

I already have ASAP utilities but I don't use it much.
PUP5 which I bought from j-walk a long time ago seems to have
most of the utilities that I need.
The utility I seem to use the most lately though is Brian Murphy's
modification of Rob Bovey's Code Documenter called "FindInFiles".
It's a Godsend when you're trying to find every instance of a particular

string in 5,000+ lines of code.
I'm sure that you already know about that one, but for anyone else
that happens upon this thread, it can be found at:
http://www.xlrotor.com/excel_stuff.htm

Take care,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

John

Thanks for the heads up on FindInFiles.

Sounds like a good tool. Mayhaps will try it out.

Gord

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:19:12 -0400, John Wilson wrote:

Hi Chip,

I already have ASAP utilities but I don't use it much.
PUP5 which I bought from j-walk a long time ago seems to have
most of the utilities that I need.
The utility I seem to use the most lately though is Brian Murphy's
modification of Rob Bovey's Code Documenter called "FindInFiles".
It's a Godsend when you're trying to find every instance of a particular

string in 5,000+ lines of code.
I'm sure that you already know about that one, but for anyone else
that happens upon this thread, it can be found at:
http://www.xlrotor.com/excel_stuff.htm

Take care,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord,

Thanks for the heads up on FindInFiles.

You're welcome. Very useful tool.
I know that I've mentioned it before???
Maybe you're not reading ALL the posts??? <vbg

Take care,
John