Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default finding a range of cells to match a date

Can you explain that again please - I cannot work out what
you mean but I have a feeling what you want is simple.

Chrissy.

LADS wrote
How would I match on a value, applied on a range of cells in a separate
column to match the range of rows containing the value? The cell I want to
match to is a function of date format. The column is of date format.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'll explain the full story.
The data looks like so:

D E H I
6/7/03 0:00 =(D5+E5)-0.0625 =(D5+E5)-0.0625
7/7/03 4:00 =(D6+E6)+0.0625 =(D6+E6)+0.0625

So in D5 and E5, you enter a date and time, D6 and E6 the same. In
corresponding H and I you get date and time which is 1.5 hours greater
either side of the range.
Further below (starting row 19), D and E have specific date and time values,
with more data in other columns.
What we want at first: enter date and time in D5, E5, D6, E6, and find all
rows that has a date within range in H5,I5 to H6,I6.
What would then be even better is to have data from columns D, E and F (that
matches date range) be selected and copied to another worksheet.

Cheers,
Tom

"Chrissy" wrote in message
Can you explain that again please - I cannot work out what
you mean but I have a feeling what you want is simple.

Chrissy.

LADS wrote
How would I match on a value, applied on a range of cells in a separate
column to match the range of rows containing the value? The cell I want

match to is a function of date format. The column is of date format.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

did you mean this

D E H I
6/7/03 0:00 =(D5+E5)-0.0625 =(D5+E5)+0.0625
7/7/03 4:00 =(D6+E6)-0.0625 =(D6+E6)+0.0625

You can enter dates and times in the same cell and this is the proper way to
do it. The approach you are using is cumbersome to say the least and makes
you requirement a bit more difficult. If you put the dates and times in the
same cells both here and in your data, then you could simply use the
advanced filter with no macros to copy the data to another location.

You can still use the Advanced filter as you have it however - the criteria
is just a bit larger and dealing with midnight (as you show) becomes
problematic.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy