Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date Created reported as wrong

What does the word template mean here. Template as in File=New and you
select a template or did you create the workbook by opening another workbook
and doing file SaveAs and giving it a new name.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Randall Arnold wrote in message
Well, I figured out what is causing it, but not why.

Even though I'm trying to get the Date Created of an Excel spreadsheet,
what's actually being returned is the Creation Date of the template used

create it. Ack! Not good.

Any advice?

Randall

"Randall Arnold" wrote in message
When I examine a certain spreadsheet in Windows Explorer, it shows the

Date
Created as January 6, 2003. However, when using the following code in

Excel
2003:

MsgBox ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")

The Date Created is reported as July 16, 2003! (on July 18, 2003).

Anyone else experience this, and know of a solution?

Randall Arnold
beta tester 237445

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It means Excel template, as in a file with the .XLT extension. The fiels in
question were created as new based on a custom template file.

I got my code to work by using the FileSystemObject. But I find it
interesting that FSO gets the correct (spreadsheet) creation date while
Windows Scripting (Wscript) and BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creation Date")
both return the template creation date instead. Strange.

Randall