Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Jon is offline

Default Difference between time in excel reported incorrectly

I'm trying to return the difference in times between two cells, however, the
value is over by 2 hours only within one cell.

B2: 11:00
C2: 18:30
D2: =C2-B2

Is this a bug? Does anyone know of a working formula, since I only need to
calculate the difference between times?

MS Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So, what do you get as a result in D2?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jon" wrote in message
I'm trying to return the difference in times between two cells, however,
the
value is over by 2 hours only within one cell.

B2: 11:00
C2: 18:30
D2: =C2-B2

Is this a bug? Does anyone know of a working formula, since I only need
calculate the difference between times?

MS Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon,

Look in your other post and tell us why you believe the difference between
these times is 5:30 when everyone else's math's indicate 7:30

Mike