Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open another Office app from Excel

Hello all,

Can anyone provide some sample code to open an Office
application such as Outlook from Excel using a macro?

Thanks,
Rohit Thomas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Vasant. Appreciate the help...

Look at the ActivateMicrosoftApp method; e.g.:

Application.ActivateMicrosoftApp xlMicrosoftMail

will activate or open Outlook.

Regards,

Vasant.

"Rohit Thomas" wrote in message
Hello all,

Can anyone provide some sample code to open an Office
application such as Outlook from Excel using a macro?

Thanks,
Rohit Thomas

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Rihit:

Something like:

Sub CloseOutlook()
Dim OL As Object
On Error Resume Next
Set OL = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application")
On Error GoTo 0
If OL Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "Outlook is not running!"
Else