Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I turn on Auto save when I use EXcel? Or can you?

We had a power surge and I lost the information not saved. We have Microsoft
2003 Office Professional Editon. thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2002 its under Tools / Options and on the Save tab

--
Special-K
Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you!

"Sheree" wrote:

We had a power surge and I lost the information not saved. We have Microsoft
2003 Office Professional Editon. thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Special K can will I see it..I don't see it saying auto saving in the
background. Thank you.

"Sheree" wrote:

We had a power surge and I lost the information not saved. We have Microsoft
2003 Office Professional Editon. thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheree

I hope you realize there is a difference between the old "autosave" and the new
"autorecovery" introduced in 2002 version of Excel.

Autosave would make periodic incremental saves which would actually save the
workbook at that point, overwriting any version to that point.

Autorecovery just saves a temporary file at intervals, not overwriting the
original. You don't see any "saving" going on.

If Excel crashes, the temp file will be available for recovery.

If the workbook is closed normally, the temp file disappears.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP