Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding spaces to a cell

I need to add 26 spaces to the beginning of each cell in my worksheet.
Is there any automated method which will accomplish this?

Thanks!

-Mike Catalfamo

--
catalfamo1220
catalfamo1220's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29458

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=CONCATENATE(" ",A1)

Then I'd copy and paste the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Special-K

--
Special-K
Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

if you have blank sheet (no data in it) then use following method:
press Ctrl+H
Find what: leave it blank
Replace with: press space bar 26 times
press Replace All

second method (if you have data in your sheet)
press Shift+F11 (to insert new sheet)
then in any cell of anyother sheet (other than new sheet and one that
you want to add spaces in) press space bar 26 times.
now in new sheet in cell A1 enter the following function.
=cell reference in which you have entered spaces&cell A1 of your data
sheet.
i-e if you have entered spaces in cell B5 of sheet "Data" and you want
to add spaces in each cell of sheet say "Data2", function will be (in
new sheet):
=Data!B5&Data2!A1
copy this function to the range your data is spread in Data2 sheet.

hope this will serve your purpose.

catalfamo1220 Wrote:
I need to add 26 spaces to the beginning of each cell in my worksheet.
Is there any automated method which will accomplish this?

Thanks!

-Mike Catalfamo

--
starguy