Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Button Confusion

I added a button to my worksheet in order to run a macro that I
recorded.

When I right click the button I am used to seeing the following as my
- Cut
- Copy
- Paste
- Edit Text
- Grouping
- Order
- Assign Macro
- Format Control

But instead I am now finding the following when I right click:
- Cut
- Copy
- Paste
- Properties
- View Code
- Command Button Object
- Grouping
- Order
- Format Control

Where's the Edit Text and the Assign Macro? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You normally add a button from the Forms toolbar, you have now added a
button from the Control Toolbox. They are different beasts.

The control toolbox button is event driven, it doesn't have an assigned
macro. If you go into design mode, click the blue-green triangle on the
control toolbox toolbar, you will be taken to the code module for that
sheet, where you can tap into the events for that button.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"LACA" wrote in message

[...]