Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you keep Headings from work sheet to worksheet in a Book?

I tried using Views - but it didn't take put the Heading or footer on the
next worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Choose all of the sheets you want the same header/footer on as a group
(search Help for Group) and then make changes to the Header/Footers and all
sheets will be changed at once. Be careful, because pretty much anything
else you do while the sheets are still grouped will be done to them all -
like deleting a formula or entering something in a cell.

Now, if I misinterpreted your question and you want the same rows from the a
sheet to print on multiple sheets (as when a worksheet contains multiple
pages when printed), then use File | Page Setup | [Sheet] tab and enter the
Rows To Repeat area on that tab.

"Pamela Martin" wrote:

I tried using Views - but it didn't take put the Heading or footer on the
next worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I never send to print to a plotter; however I can suggest to you to check the
File/Configure and move "Adjusto to:" values.

Regards.
--
Gaspar
PM --Adopting methodology--

"Pamela Martin" wrote:

I tried using Views - but it didn't take put the Heading or footer on the
next worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, but I can't group, because the sheets are only made one at a time.
Each week I copy an old report to a new sheet to update some data, but the
print setup never copies with it(That is the heading and footer), so I have
to put the same information in each time.

"Pamela Martin" wrote:

I tried using Views - but it didn't take put the Heading or footer on the
next worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you keep Headings from work sheet to worksheet in a Boo

Can't you use Edit | Move/Copy Sheet with the Make Copy option ticked? And
then make whatever changes you need to?

One other possible solution if the Headers/Footers are standard enough - and
it sounds like they are. Use Macro | Record New Macro to record a macro of
you defining the header/footer on a sheet as you need them to be. Save that
macro in your Personal XLS workbook (it's an option during the recording
process). By being in your Personal.xls workbook, it will always be
available to you, so when you want a sheet to have that header/footer, you
just run the macro while the new sheet is selected.

"Pamela Martin" wrote:

I tried using Views - but it didn't take put the Heading or footer on the
next worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nope, don't think you're an idiot. Just hadn't seen that option before.
There are a ton of dark corners in Excel that I haven't seen and I've been
working with it since Office 4.5 and have MOS Expert cert in it and a couple
of other Office Apps. No one can know everything about any of these. The
real gurus quite often live and breathe just one product.

Glad I was able to assist.