Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula for the Following Day

I type this same spreadsheet on almost a daily basis. Here is the thing, it
is for the following day. Is there any way that I can put some kind of
formula in to get it where I do not have to type the day every single time I
go into the spreadsheet?

For example:

Today is 7/14/06, I need to prepare this spreadsheet for about 16 people for
their appointment the following day, and there are times when I forget to put
the date in. So the formula would need to automatically put the date in for
everytime the spreadsheet is opened. I do not need the time because the
times of the appointments are all different.

Please help me!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula -
=today()+1
will give you tomorrow's date

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Anne" wrote in message
I type this same spreadsheet on almost a daily basis. Here is the thing,
it
is for the following day. Is there any way that I can put some kind of
formula in to get it where I do not have to type the day every single time
go into the spreadsheet?

For example:

Today is 7/14/06, I need to prepare this spreadsheet for about 16 people
for
their appointment the following day, and there are times when I forget to
put
the date in. So the formula would need to automatically put the date in
for
everytime the spreadsheet is opened. I do not need the time because the
times of the appointments are all different.

Please help me!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula

=A1+1

wail return the date on day after the date in A1. Be sure to
format the cell as a date. If you need to skip weekend dates, use

=WORKDAY(A1,1)

This will skip weekends. WORKDAY is part of the Analysis Tool
Pak, so you must have this add-in loaded (go to the Tools menu,
choose Add-Ins, and put a check next to Analysis Tool Pak).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson