Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a drop down list that will fill in mutilple cells....

I have a form that I have created in Excel.

I would like to be able to use a drop down bar to do the following:

Choose an organization from the drop down bar and have it insert all
necessary information: Contact name, address, city, state, zip etc.... in
select cells...

Or if their is another way that this should be done, I am open to
suggestions..

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It will just be in another worksheet in the workbook...

I will just have the info in individual cells.

A1 A2 A3 etc
Name Address City

Thanks

Dave Bunch wrote:
I have a form that I have created in Excel.

I would like to be able to use a drop down bar to do the following:

Choose an organization from the drop down bar and have it insert all
necessary information: Contact name, address, city, state, zip etc.... in
select cells...

Or if their is another way that this should be done, I am open to
suggestions..

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Place this in the ComboBox Change Event:
Sheets("Sheets1").Select
Cells.Find(What:=ComboBox1.Value, After:=ActiveCell,
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:= _
xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:=True _
, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.Offset(4, 0)).Copy
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
Range("A1").PasteSpecial xlPasteAll

A few notes here,
1. It assumes your Source Data is in "Sheet1"
2. It assumes that ComboBox1.Value exists in Sheet1
3. It assumes that every "Name" is unique
4. It grabs the data in columns as you said the data was in ("A1
A2 A3")
if that is wrong, change Offset(4,0) to Offset(0,4)
5. It assumes you only need 5 cells (the original + the 4 others that
we offset
if wrong change the 4 in the offset command to the number of cells
you need -1
6. It pastes the values in "A1" of sheet3

Post back if you need more help

Die_Another_Day

Dave Bunch wrote:
I have a form that I have created in Excel.

I would like to be able to use a drop down bar to do the following:

Choose an organization from the drop down bar and have it insert all
necessary information: Contact name, address, city, state, zip etc.... in
select cells...

Or if their is another way that this should be done, I am open to
suggestions..

Thanks

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use VLookup formulas to return the values from the lookup table.
There are instructions he

And a sample here which fills in Customer info on an order form:

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html#Customer

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures