Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting multiple rows

I am trying to sort a spreadsheet for a golf scoring system. Each team has
four players (each in their own row) that have their own handicaps. Then a
team handicap is generated (in a separate column) from a formula using the
individuals scores. I then want to sort by the teams by their team handicap
but keep all four players rows with that team handicap. Is there a way to
sort like this?
--
CC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have a column showing the team name? If so, you can do this easily.
Select your entire table and then, from the menu bar: Data Sort... Select
TeamName in the first drop-down and IndividualHandicap in the second
drop-down (I've assume you have columns with those headers in the first row;
adjust the lables based on your table's particulars).
(If you don't have a column for the team name, you could try sorting on the
team handicap in the first drop-down, but if you have two teams with the same
handicap, their players will get intermingled).