Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Remove Decimals

I have an excel sheet with data that is imported from another program, when I
veiw the info in the cell, that data has two decimals, which is fine, I then
need to copy and paste this into another excel workbook, and it shows up with
7 or more decimals, and I cant not remove them, format cells doesnt work,
decrease the decimal doesnt work, so I many have to retype each number, is
there a better way?
I use Excel 2003
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a helper column enter this formula:

=ROUND(A1,2)

assuming your numbers are in column A. Copy the formula down as
necessary then fix the values using <copy then Edit | Paste Special |
Values (check) | OK and <Enter then you can copy/paste these values to
over-write the ones in column A.

Hope this helps.

Pete