Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password-Protected Workbook not showing "in use by another user"

We have a Workbook that requires a password for opening in "Edit" mode and
has, until recently, displayed the message "This workbook is reseerved by..."
(not verbatim) and gives the choice of "Read Only" or "Notify". The last
few days this has failed to occur.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?
--
Thanks,

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jim,

The "Read only" or "Notify" message is nothing to do with the
password protection, It just means that someone else on the
network has the file open. If it has stopped appearing then
whoever had the file open (maybe minimised on their PC)
has closed the file.

Normally the message will say who the other user is, but not
always. It depends on your IT setup.

HTH
Martin