Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Looking up S&P 500 Total Return

I'm interested in getting quotes for the S&P 500 Total Return into Excel 2002.
The MSN Stock Quotes plugin will let me do what I want if I can find the right
ticker symbol, but I've been unable to find a symbol for the S&P 500 Total
Return. The information is available at
http://www2.standardandpoors.com/ser...dt=11-jul-2006,
where you'll see that the "normal" S&P 500 index closed today at 1,267.33, while
the TR ("Total Return") variant closed at 1,935.61. Using the ticker symbol
"$INX" yields the former value. I want the latter one.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Calculating Business Hours Between 2 Dates tanya216 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 11th 06 03:22 PM
Old Lotus Sub Total & Grand Total formula Kylie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 9th 06 12:24 PM
PivotTable-% of total Minerva Excel Worksheet Functions 2 February 17th 06 10:09 AM
Pivot table for reporting sales performance Ram Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 6th 06 10:06 AM
lookup serch term and return sum of all values soilcon1 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 December 22nd 05 12:03 AM