Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default vlookup, i never seem to get it right.

I have a list of people in column A and another in column B. Column A is
longer than column B so I want to extract what names are missing from column
B into column C. I don't know why I can't seem to get vlookup to work for
this so I'm asking for some help.

HELP!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=ISERROR(MATCH(A1,B$1:B$999,0))
and drag down to check all cells of column A
Those missing will be marked TRUE

HTH
--
AP
"brodiemac" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I have a list of people in column A and another in column B. Column A is
longer than column B so I want to extract what names are missing from
column
B into column C. I don't know why I can't seem to get vlookup to work for
this so I'm asking for some help.

HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"brodiemac" wrote:
I have a list of people in column A and another in column B. Column A is
longer than column B so I want to extract what names are missing from column
B into column C. I don't know why I can't seem to get vlookup to work for
this so I'm asking for some help.

Another play which can extract the required list directly into col C ..

Assume data in cols A and B start in row2 down

In C2:
=IF(ROW(A1)COUNT(D:D),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D: D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0)))

In D2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",ROW() ))
(Leave D1 empty)

Select C2:D2, copy down to the last row of data in col A

Col C will return the required results, ie the names in col A not found in
col B, with all results neatly bunched at the top
--
Max
Singapore