Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default loading excel takes ages

It takes over 60 seconds for Excel to load. I cannot get to Excel by clinking
an Exce work sheet, (it will stall and then provide an error message). I can
only access Excel through the startprogrammes function.

all other applications load without delay.

I am using Excel 2003.

I checked the directory and the file states "Excel11.xlb" - it will not let
me change this file (states is Read Only)...

any assistance greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It wont let me delete it (states in use or read only). If this is not the
cause of the delay, would you know of anything else that i can try to speed
up the loading of Excel?

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

excel.xlb is the toolbar customisation file, not a workbook. I would delete
it. Excel will create a new one but any toolbar customisations will be gone

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Smilersal" wrote in message
It takes over 60 seconds for Excel to load. I cannot get to Excel by
clinking
an Exce work sheet, (it will stall and then provide an error message). I
can
only access Excel through the startprogrammes function.

all other applications load without delay.

I am using Excel 2003.

I checked the directory and the file states "Excel11.xlb" - it will not
let
me change this file (states is Read Only)...

any assistance greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure excel is closed when you try to delete it.

And if that doesn't help, maybe rebooting and trying to delete it as the first
thing you do will help.

"Smilersal" wrote in message
It takes over 60 seconds for Excel to load. I cannot get to Excel by
clinking
an Exce work sheet, (it will stall and then provide an error message). I
can
only access Excel through the startprogrammes function.

all other applications load without delay.

I am using Excel 2003.

I checked the directory and the file states "Excel11.xlb" - it will not
let
me change this file (states is Read Only)...

any assistance greatly appreciated

--

Dave Peterson