Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SJT SJT is offline

Default Creating a Chart

I have two columns of data and two columns of months. For example, column
"a" is the months of 2004 and in column "b" are twelve data points that
correspond to each month. In column "c" i have the months for 2005 and in
"d" are data points for each of the months. I am trying to show a year over
year comparison (two lines, one for 2004 and one for 2005 each w/ twelve data
points). How do I get the chart wizard to do this? I've tried several
different methods and don't seem to get the result I'm looking for. Thanks
in advance for your assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear SJT,

You might be making things more complicated than they really a

First column: Months January through to December
Second Column: Monthly performance data for Jan through to Dec for
2004
Third Column: Monthly performance date for Jan through to Dec for
2005.

Highlight the whole thing with the mouse and go to the Chart Wizard and
select Line (3rd option from the top). This should give you a chart that
has months along the base of the chart and the 04 and 05 data from left
to right. If you want to do anything else with this, then you will need
the next chapter in "How to draw charts"

Cheers
Jon

--
Jon Quixley