Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I Type vertically in a cell?

I am trying to create a check list of sorts, and in doing so I want to have
the contents of the top row vertical. This is probably simple but, I can't
figure it out. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight the cells you wish to be vertical. Go to Format, Cells, and go to
the Alignment Tab. Change the Orientation (on the right) to be 90 degrees
(or move the red dot to the top).

"Chels" wrote:

I am trying to create a check list of sorts, and in doing so I want to have
the contents of the top row vertical. This is probably simple but, I can't
figure it out. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chels-

Select the row, right-click, choose Format Cells, choose the Alignment
tab, and change the orientation of the text.

Is that what you're looking for?

-Ryan

Chels wrote:
I am trying to create a check list of sorts, and in doing so I want to have
the contents of the top row vertical. This is probably simple but, I can't
figure it out. If anyone can help that would be fantastic!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the main menu, click FormatCells. On the "Alignment" tab, in the
upper right corner, use the Orientation tool to set your text to
vertical (90 degrees). You can use the "clock face" window to 'drag'
the orientation quickly. When set, click OK.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=560063

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you want your text sideways as some others have suggested or do you want it
vertical?

FormatCellsAlignment.

Don't use the protractor, just click on the "text" box to left of protractor.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP