Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Worksheet

One of my Excel worksheets is no longer recognised by Excel 2003. I have
about a dozen worksheets that I use a work [using Excel 2003] and take them
home to work on there [Excel 2007 Beta].

All but one are accessible on both Excel 2003 and Excel 2007. When trying
to use the worksheet on Excel 2003, where it was originally created I get the
message "The file is not in a recognizable format". However, when opening
the file in Excel 2007 Beta the file is still accessible.

Can I get some assistance on what is happening here as I would have thought
if the 11 other files can be accessed by both programs then so should the one
I am having difficulty with.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah Nick, this does not work.. I have several sheets made with xl2007 then
save as 97-2003 and then emailed to clients and all the data in the sheets
they open with xl 2003 is unrecognizable characters...
Even word does this...
~robbie

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

I would suspect that the other files have remained in the XL97 - 2003 format
(*.xls), where the other has upgraded itself to the XL2007 format (*.xlsx),
you should open the file in XL2007 and save as a 97 -2003 format and all
should be ok

--
HTH
Nick Hodge