Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Control Toolbox

I know how to make a Checkbox and Option button, but I don't know how
to activate them. I can get the Checkbox on the spreadsheet, but I
can't click it to put the check in it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Chip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you need to double click the box and give it some code to perform should
it be checked for example

if you make a FORM - check box
you need it to right click and format control and give a cell link
value.

so lets say you asign A1 to it the you will notice a1 will = true or
flase depending on the check or uncheck then you could write a formula
saying
=if(A1=true,"check box is checked","check box is unchecked")

if you make a control toolbox xhexk box
double click it and asign some code
example
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1 = True Then
Range("A2") = "checked"
Else
Range("a2") = "unchecked"

hope this helps

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps you are still in "Design Mode"

Click on the design mode button to get out of that mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP