Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving between cells

I have created a form that allows users to only tab to the next input cell.
This works fine until the form comes to two input cells adjacent to each
other that are formed from merged cells. The Tab then gets locked moving
between these two cells rather than moving onto the next cell in the form.

Do a need to write some code to get over this and if what is it?

many thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can remove the form depending on what it does if all it does is go
to the next cell then enter data you could do this:=
select all the cells and format right click and format them in the
format cell menu you will see a tab called protection and then deselect
the HIDDEN and LOCKED tick boxes and click ok then
toolsprotectionallow user to edit rangesclick on NEW and add all the
cells that you want the user to use and then click on protect sheet.

in doing this you will see that even your self can only select and
change those selected cells that you have specified.

no if you want a pop up box every time the cell changes then in vba
code select the sheet your using and put this code in

userinput = InputBox("type the box message here", "and the box title
here")
ActiveCell = userinput

Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559310

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

did you create real form or just unprotected some cells and then protected
sheet?
I namely just tried to format some cells in a way that I merged some cells
and some not. Then I formatted those cells (some of them are merged) to be
unprotected and then I protected sheet - I selected only unprotected cells to
be selected.
And everything works fine... I use excel 2003.

With best regards,
Nika Lampe

"Bails" wrote:

I have created a form that allows users to only tab to the next input cell.
This works fine until the form comes to two input cells adjacent to each
other that are formed from merged cells. The Tab then gets locked moving
between these two cells rather than moving onto the next cell in the form.

Do a need to write some code to get over this and if what is it?

many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nika

I am also working on Excel 2003. I have created the form by unlocking the
cells I want the users to use and then protecting the worksheet and only
clicking on the option "Select unlocked cells" option.

If you, on a new workbook, merge cells B4:C6 and E4:F6 and then unprotect
cells B2, these two merged cell ranges and then another cell below them such
as B8. When you tab through them it will move from B2 to B4(merged) to
E4(merged) but will not move to B8. The only way you can get to B8 is by
clicking on it or by using the left arrow key. The other arrow keys will
move it there.

As I need this form to be as simple as possible I would like to ensure that
the tab key works.

If the merged cells are in the same line and the same size

"Bails" wrote:

I have created a form that allows users to only tab to the next input cell.
This works fine until the form comes to two input cells adjacent to each
other that are formed from merged cells. The Tab then gets locked moving
between these two cells rather than moving onto the next cell in the form.

Do a need to write some code to get over this and if what is it?

many thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try un merge and format cells and then re merge and format again and
test

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559310

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bails

My advice about merged cells.........

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all adversely
affected by merged cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP