Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bails Bails is offline

Default Moving between cells

Nika

I am also working on Excel 2003. I have created the form by unlocking the
cells I want the users to use and then protecting the worksheet and only
clicking on the option "Select unlocked cells" option.

If you, on a new workbook, merge cells B4:C6 and E4:F6 and then unprotect
cells B2, these two merged cell ranges and then another cell below them such
as B8. When you tab through them it will move from B2 to B4(merged) to
E4(merged) but will not move to B8. The only way you can get to B8 is by
clicking on it or by using the left arrow key. The other arrow keys will
move it there.

As I need this form to be as simple as possible I would like to ensure that
the tab key works.

If the merged cells are in the same line and the same size

"Nika Lampe" wrote:

Hi,

did you create real form or just unprotected some cells and then protected
sheet?
I namely just tried to format some cells in a way that I merged some cells
and some not. Then I formatted those cells (some of them are merged) to be
unprotected and then I protected sheet - I selected only unprotected cells to
be selected.
And everything works fine... I use excel 2003.

With best regards,
Nika Lampe

"Bails" wrote:

I have created a form that allows users to only tab to the next input cell.
This works fine until the form comes to two input cells adjacent to each
other that are formed from merged cells. The Tab then gets locked moving
between these two cells rather than moving onto the next cell in the form.

Do a need to write some code to get over this and if what is it?

many thanks in advance