Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing Menu Bar When Starting Excel

When I start Excel 2002, My menu bar and toolbars are missing so that the top
line only displays the column heading (A, B, C, etc). I have tried to use
the keyboard shortcut keys (ALT+F, ALT+V, etc) to get the dropdown menus, but
nothing works.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get them back again?

Cheers,
Matt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As a process of elimination, I would try using the ALT+V shortcut in
another program to make sure the ALT key is in fact working.

--
Ningster
Ningster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36052

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ningster,

The ALT+V is working in other apps, so there is nothing wrong with my
keyboard. The problem is that I do not have menus at te top of my screen for
me to use.

Cheers,
Matt

"Ningster" wrote:

As a process of elimination, I would try using the ALT+V shortcut in
another program to make sure the ALT key is in fact working.

--
Ningster
Ningster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36052
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=559287

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i know this seems simple but check if your workbook are set to full
screnn press alt + v then u

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1) Try this first Click Key F11 for menu bar to reappear

or

2) http://www.mcse.ms/archive145-2004-5-713399.html