Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Missing Drop Down list -Data Validation

Hello.
I have two spreadsheets.
The first spreadsheet I can successfully create data validation
with drop down arrow on the right of the cell.

But on another spreadsheet, the drop down arrow is invisible!
All validation still works though...but ideally you will have the drop
down arrow on the right side of the cell.

Can someone assist please....

--
abuelj1
abuelj1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36098

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav Dav is offline

The first place to look is under data validation, the in cell dropdown
button needs to be ticked.

You also are refering to a list in the validation and not a formula or
something else?

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can check under,
<Tools <Options <View tab,
And make sure that under "Objects",
'Hide All' is *NOT* checked.
--

HTH,

RD

"abuelj1" wrote in
message ...

Hello.
I have two spreadsheets.
The first spreadsheet I can successfully create data validation
with drop down arrow on the right of the cell.

But on another spreadsheet, the drop down arrow is invisible!
All validation still works though...but ideally you will have the drop
down arrow on the right side of the cell.

Can someone assist please....

--
abuelj1
abuelj1's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558767

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for the two initial replies.
I have tried both strategies unfortunately i still have the problem.
Yes, what i am trying to do is a very simply basic data validation
with
a list. No formulas, nor remote spreadsheet lists, etc...just a very
plain
data validation with a list box.....

Worst case scenario, I think I have a corrupt spreadsheet....

Thank you for your replies though....

--
abuelj1
abuelj1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36098
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558767

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I remember something about a bug in XL97.

What version are you using?

RD

"abuelj1" wrote in
message ...

Thank you for the two initial replies.
I have tried both strategies unfortunately i still have the problem.
Yes, what i am trying to do is a very simply basic data validation
with
a list. No formulas, nor remote spreadsheet lists, etc...just a very
plain
data validation with a list box.....

Worst case scenario, I think I have a corrupt spreadsheet....

Thank you for your replies though....

--
abuelj1
abuelj1's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558767

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This file was created by other people in our organisation fairly
recently.
The excel version we have is 2003....so i assume its version 2003....

I did a search on this issue as well and came up with issues relating
to freeze
panes etc ...but this is not even the case with mine... the formatting
of cell and column is good, the sheet is not protected,..so either i
have found a bug in 2003 or alternatively..simply a corrupt
sheet...just don't know how it got corrupted.... note that both
spreadsheets are in the same workbook...one working perfectly as
expected....all releveant tickboxes ticked in data validation...I even
tried the same list entries, spacing etc....anyway worst
case scenario I will simply copy the perfect spreadsheet, and then use
this
as a template for other spreadsheets.