Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert numbers (numerals) to words (text)

Could anyone recommend a pre-built macro or other tool that converts a
number into english words, allowing for precision to three decimal
places?

I'd like the result to be:

-987.654- converts to "nine hundred eighty-seven and six hundred
fifty-four thousandths"

Thanks for any help!

--
Yard Sale
Yard Sale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36084

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html

Niek Otten

"Yard Sale" wrote in message

| Could anyone recommend a pre-built macro or other tool that converts a
| number into english words, allowing for precision to three decimal
| places?
|
| I'd like the result to be:
|
| -987.654- converts to "nine hundred eighty-seven and six hundred
| fifty-four thousandths"
|
| Thanks for any help!
|

| --
| Yard Sale
| Yard Sale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36084
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558680

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Niek, I've been to all the links on the page you linked to, and none of
them work. The french one comes close, but will only do hundreths, not
thousandths, so that 5.663 converts to "five and sixty-six hundredths"
instead of "five and sixty hundred sixty-three thousandths."

Thanks for being the first to reply, though!

--
Yard Sale
Yard Sale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36084
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558680

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't read your question carefully enough, turns out now.
I'm not aware of any utility that spells fractions beyond "cents".
Sorry!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten