Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Reminder in excel

I have put our subscriptions folder in to excel 2000. This consists of name
of publication, date received, order no, invoice no., price and date of
renewal, these are put in different worksheets under the publishers. The
first worksheet is the index and I have used hyperlinks to link to the
publications. Is it possible to do a reminder so that it will let me know
when the publications are up for renewal.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your renewal date is in column F, starting on row 2, you could
make use of a helper column to put this formula in cell G2:

=IF(F2<TODAY()+30,"Time to renew","")

and copy this formula down as necessary. This will give you a reminder
30 days in advance.

Another approach would be to apply conditional formatting to the
renewal dates, so they change colour as you get within 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Pete