cjfuqua

Default The command bar in Excel has been deleted. How do I get it back?

When I came to work tonight and opened up Excel, I received a runtime error
in Visual basic ... It said "run-time error"-2147467259(80004005)': Method
"Visible" of object "CommandBar' Failed"

I clicked End on the runtime error, and Excel came up ... but all the Tool
Bars are missing ... I can't save or print any files ...

Any suggestions on how to fix this ...???

Thanks ... CJ
Bob Phillips

It sounds like there is some code them hides all the bars, and then goes
through making some visible. Probably trying to make Worksheet Menu Bar
visible and failing.

You need to go into the VBE (Alt-F11), see what projects are in there, and
check the ThisWorkbook for some startup code. Post back when you have more
details.

--

HTH

RP

"cjfuqua" wrote in message
When I came to work tonight and opened up Excel, I received a runtime

error
in Visual basic ... It said "run-time error"-2147467259(80004005)': Method
"Visible" of object "CommandBar' Failed"

I clicked End on the runtime error, and Excel came up ... but all the Tool
Bars are missing ... I can't save or print any files ...

Any suggestions on how to fix this ...???

Thanks ... CJ

cjfuqua

Thank you Bob ... I just checked and the ONLY thing there is this:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) End Sub

It looks like all of my Macros are missing ... Now what ...???

Thanks ... CJ

"cjfuqua" wrote in message
When I came to work tonight and opened up Excel, I received a runtime

error
in Visual basic ... It said "run-time error"-2147467259(80004005)': Method
"Visible" of object "CommandBar' Failed"

I clicked End on the runtime error, and Excel came up ... but all the Tool
Bars are missing ... I can't save or print any files ...

Any suggestions on how to fix this ...???

Thanks ... CJ

Bob Phillips

NO immediate ideas, but if you want we can continue offline.

Go to the VBE, make sure the explorer window is open, take a screen print
and send that directly to me, we can discuss around that.

--

HTH

RP