Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default month formulas

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot. Please Help...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, I messed with it some more, and have it half way working...

I made the formula:

=COUNTIF(B2:B299, ""&I21) where I21 is the cell storing the month name, the
date I worked being in the range B2:B299. Now, the problem is, even if I go
past the month of June for example, it still counts it because I don't know
how to stop it.

Say July is stored in cell I22, I need something like =COUNTIF(B2:B299,
""&I21&<I22) but that will of course not work.

"GoodTrouble" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot. Please Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for that! Finally solved many days of worthless work.

And now I have a harder one...

Is there a formula that I could use that would gather the column and cell
numbers for cells containing the months....that didn't make sense,

For instance,

B2:B299 is where I enter the date of which I work. There is no way to tell
how many days I will work in a month. The date being in the d-mmm format
stores part of the month, which I know Excel stores as a number anyway...so
how can I make a formula that would count how many days I worked in that
month...and then somehow take data that is in another coresponding column and
devide???

Like say column D held a different number, the devisor...so it would be like
B22/D22, only I need the totals, like How many days I worked, devided by the
total of all the numbers in column D

Make any sense??

"GoodTrouble" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot. Please Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wouldn't just be the formula I have given divide by your cell?

=Sumproduct(month(b2:b299)=6)/Divisor

The SUMPRODUCT gives count of days worked in June ... but I don't fully
understand the divisor. You give an example of B22/D22 but B22 is a date(?)
so you cannot divide it.

Perhaps an example of the data would help me!

"GoodTrouble" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot. Please Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I wonder whether what the OP is looking for is

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(B2:B299)=6),D2:D229)/SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A20)=6))
This would give the average value per day for days worked in June.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"GoodTrouble" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that calculates various percentages and what
not based
on tips for days, weeks, and months. I need a formula that can
take data from
a colum containg dates in the d-mmm format, and count how many
days I have
worked in that month. I list each day seperatly, so I was
thinking that some
variation of COUNTIF might work.

I have tried to get it to work many different ways, and cannot.
Please Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

YES! This worked perfectly, and I was able to modify that formula to take
care of 4 other things I needed.

Much Thanks To Everyone!